Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Unlocking His Truth


Sometimes we ask God in our desperation for a miracle show me a sign that your with me.What if we took the approach of faith where we confidently say Jesus your already here teach me to draw near to you.

Here's my story... 
I decided to travel for a weekend to my hometown for a three day conference done for college students at my church.I went to a seminar where a student asked me the question would I allow God to interrupt my life and bear discomfort so someone can meet Jesus?

At this point in my semester everything was going perfect I had a scholarship,awesome mentor,and I'm working a steady job while I'm home.Then as I drove back to campus three hours away the unthinkable happened.

As I began to fall asleep at the wheel in an area with windy country roads and no phone signal,I get pulled over.Mind you I've never been in trouble with the law or have gotten any tickets ever.Im assuming ill get a slap on the wrist or a minor warning.Instead I get charged with a criminal offense.

My first instinct was to hide this and make it go away somehow. I felt so ashamed,humiliated,embarrassed.It was at that moment of calling on God where he said you can't face this alone you have to share this and seek pastoral guidance.

So I began to make phone calls,texts,and emails reaching out to my church family at home and in Lynchburg.In my first call a friend of 
mine who was insanely busy in his senior year at Mason 
immediately prayed over the phone with me.On top of that he 
wrote out an incredible character letter for the judge.

As I sat with another friend who's going into campus ministry at Nova in the fall.He opened up his bible and poured in wisdom from Proverbs and told me with confidence that God wouldn't abandon me in this.He said to me have you rested at all since you've heard these news? If not your putting way to much energy in this and dwelling on this matter too much.

When talking with many lawyers they said your punishment should be at least 15 days in Jail,$2,500 fine,and a suspension of your license for a whole year.Next day a miracle occurred when a local pastor in Lynchburg stepped up to encourage me.

He not only provided advice on expert council to defend me in my trial.This pastor who only knew me for about a few months sat through five whole hours in the courtroom as I sat to wait for my name to be called.This pastor and his whole family received me with so much love in a time of pain and hurt.

From that same church my small group leader and her husband said prayer after prayer with a bold faith that God would give me favor.She hosted me in her home day the day before the trial.As a Liberty student was there needing a place to stay after student housing had closed down.She shared that night that she was the first in her family to come to Christ.I told her after my trial tomorrow just come home with me.

I show up to the courtroom the Judge says I'm deciding to drop all charges and criminal records.Instead I ask that you commit to driving safer on the roads and do 50 hours of community service.I was so in awe of what happened I was speechless for several days.


The students Mom flys in to my area to meet me after hearing my story allows me to pray for her.A few days later on Father's Day she gives her life to Jesus and the daughter goes home with her.This whole experience taught me we cannot rely on our own resources,good standing,or even the people we know to save us when judgement comes only Jesus can! we need him! 




Also you need people actively in your life so that when the darkest hour comes someone is there to hold up the light when your vision is dim.When Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane he had his disciples there with Him praying. 


After experiencing all of this here are the FIVE steps I took in the time of desperate need for a miracle that I'd like to share with you and hopefully encourage you! 

1. Your thought Pattern is what immediately is attacked first.The bible says hold every thought under the obedience of Christ


2.Shed light to your situation and ask for prayer.Rise up with confidence in who your savior has said you are.


3.Seek wise council talk to those you trust in ministry whether it's leaders, pastors, or ministers but be discerning of the pieces of advice you receive.


4.Be strategic in prayer time Give God praise(Thank him for the progress of the situation),
repent wherever you've had disbelief,and lastly be specific in what your believing for.

5.Intentionally MIA get alone with the Lord as much as you can.You will have so many people 
urgently throwing information at you.Be cautious and aware of who's voice your listening to.


Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.-Isaiah 54:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment