About a year ago in december 2015 I came home for the holidays for the first time from Liberty.I caught up with friends I hadn’t seen for months.One particular friend of mine from home I somehow had grown closer to like a sister even with all the distance and time apart.She had gotten her very first own apartment with a new full time job since I was on break I offered to help her move everything.As I slept over that weekend we prayed over the finances of family.
Normally I didn't do this but I began to weep with my face on the floor crying out to God that I was tired of seeing our mothers barely make ends meet.I was fed up with underpaying unstable jobs that would take a toll on our mothers health.I began to yell out the spirit of poverty has to leave my family it has no place or authority any longer.
Fast forward to the fall semester of 2016 I found a group called The Watch on my college campus.The experience of attending there worship nights at a small prayer chapel at Liberty was a fresh breath of air for me.Taking my mind off of my own issues by praying over the needs of the campus,our surrounding areas of Lynchburg,and students was the kind of church community I was used to.
As I came every week God began to empty out my soul of disbelief that financial security isn't possible for me.As I sang and celebrated just the nature of who God is.Something unexplainable happenened every excuse I was giving to God as to why things just couldnt unfold for me began to fall off me like a shackle being let loose.in my time of worship at The Watch he was breaking off what I had held onto practically my enitre life.
Theres a song that we sing that says I will rejoice in the simple gospel I will rejoice in you Lord.The gospel became the key that unlocked the financial breakthrough Ive waited on for many years.My hope in stablitty regarding money had honestly grown tired and dry.As I read the story of Ezekiels vision of Dry bones.I started asking God to breathe his power over the financial situation in my home the same way he did in the valley of dry bones.
Then the unthinkable occurred this past November around the end of fall semester I was able to purchase my very own first car with no loans fully cash.After trying numerous times to obtain my own credit line and having a ton of denials my first credit card got approved.
Wait it gets better my single mother of 23 years working many unsteady jobs has finally found a secure job shes loves where she makes her own hours and they mailed her an Ipad with data for work.Next time you find yourself asking God but where will the money come from? Sing praises as if you already got it! ask him Instead how can I honor you with what I'm about to receive from you God?
Stay in Faith,Mimi
Very encouraging. Especially for me in this season.
ReplyDeleteJoseph!! Thanks for taking the time to read it Fam! Glad it refueled your faith :)
Delete