Monday, February 6, 2017

Maximize Faith and Magnify God


   Last year in February on my first road trip alone I dozed off behind the wheel and got pulled over by the cops. Mind you I've never been in trouble with the law ever. I assumed I’ll get a slap on the wrist. Instead I get charged with a misdemeanor and summoned for court. With no resources to handle the matter thanks to the prayers of my friends who are campus ministers at Mason and Nova I was lead to all the help I needed.One Community supported me every step of the way.

Paul Dudley provided an experienced lawyer, His wife Karen encouraged and prayed for me, and Paul came to my trial to stand by me before the Judge.My small group leaders Howard and Barbie hosted me in their home.Not only were all my charges dropped but I received no jail time. This pastor reminded me when our vision is dim we need someone in our darkest hour to spot the light. The same way the disciples did to Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. Little did I know this trial was a stepping stone for how much more I was getting equipped to Maximize my faith and Magnify my God.

Well I’ve been in the process of looking for jobs for several weeks now .I won’t deny to you I settled for any position that would open up on indeed just because the need for work was strong. As I said to myself I just need a five day a week job to cover basic needs. So I started scrolling on job posts the way many go through new posts on Instagram or Facebook. As many more emails and calls trickled in from potential employers saying “We’ve found a better candidate”.
One morning I was stressed out of mind I hit my head painfully on the frame of my car door. Of course when you’re in the condition of having no job, health insurance, or the time to miss hours of babysitting you think I’ll just bear with it.

The pain unfortunately only got worst in the days to come. To the point where on the last days of the year I end up in the emergency room. The pain was so strong I couldn’t think straight or keep my eyes open. I honestly was thinking this is THE END. I prayed Lord if this is my time to go   
I accept your good and perfect will for me. When my doctor walked into the room she introduced herself as FAITH. Immediately under my breath I uttered wait this is familiar? not by sight?. Then I felt this rush of confidence in my heart and a soft voice say you will walk by faith and not by sight. You will live and not die because I’m not done with you yet.

As I was in my word the other day if you turn to Matthew 4.You read about the time the tempter came to Jesus say turn these stones into bread. That’s exactly how I felt in my personal faith. That everything that was happening was almost a mockery of where is the faith you channel on others for your own life?. Yet the reply of Jesus Is astronomically encouraging he says “MAN shall not live by bread alone but by the very word of God that comes into existence. It occurred to me I’ve been content with just finding a job for the sake of feeling security that there will be bread on the table. I began to pray God guide me in finding the job that will be purposeful according to the all pain and disappointment I’ve had.

 I came across the biggest surprise of my life in opening for the Girl scouts council. I applied in full faith as an outreach coordinator even though I didn’t meet any of the requirements listed for the position. When the description stated you’ll be going to underprivileged communities bringing hope to girls of immigrant families with unfortunate circumstances.

I leaped because it confirmed to me that this was the calling God had set me up for. In one week I was interviewed by all the managers and directors who eventually a few days later HIRED ME  for the position.The Lord only knows the families I will be encountering who have gone through these same predicaments. My connections with them will be able to be personal and relevant because of all that has occurred.

I hope after you read this you’re encouraged by my story that every stone that’s thrown at you in life can be used for building His Kingdom! No rock is meaningless unless you allow it to be. It’s all a part of God building you up as a spiritual house.

As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house 1Peter 2:4-5



3 comments:

  1. This is really inspiring Mimi! I'm glad you're doing better

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing testimony! Thanks for sharing Mimi!

    ReplyDelete