Saturday, January 25, 2014

Power of words



The words sticks and stones may break my bones but words sill never hurt me is a false saying.Words have a lasting effect.A physical impact can easily be treated with medicine an emotional one requires a longer process of healing. Whether it was peers,educators,or supposed friends they all were immediate to speak words of inferiority over my life.They trashed my identity,placed me in insolation,and caused me to hide my true self.
The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences. (Proverbs 18:21 NLT)

For a time I lost my cheerful personality and It almost seemed like I would never regain back my joy. I would hear the verse Rejoice in the lord always but I just couldn't get myself to do so.It felt as though a dark cloud had appeared over me and everything looked dim and gray.I couldn't see past the negativity because I was blinded by the thoughts of others.I probably heard the words your stupid,worthless,and ugly to many times to even count.

The words resounded so loudly at one point it became to difficult to tune them out.I didn't consider myself capable of accomplishing anything.I started to believe all the words were true statements. Going to class was like preparing for battle I had to decide either to camouflage myself,hide,or armor up for defense.The default position I choose was permeating sadness I would run home to a corner and just cry until there were no tears to shed. Four words that I have now grasped on to are  let there be light.... It has to happen because he said it.There are so many words of encouragement that are written to me from the one who designed me that are far more important than what anyone else has said of me.

Final thought careful with words you say may  the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalms 19:14 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment