Young couples you see them everywhere in movies,commercials,on Instagram,and Facebook.It doesn't take much for me to get bubbled up with excitement when I hear about all the love stories on how couples met.If there's one thing that catches my eye is how adorable my peers look in their pictures together.Thinking wow they look so great together it's a match made in heaven.
Someone the other day truly made me ponder on the thought of dating.No one had ever directly asked me why aren't you dating?.At church I get asked all the time from older women are you married to anyone? Or are you dating someone?.After hearing these questions constantly at one point I thought of making someone up. Yet is it so wrong for me to say I'm content with the unfailing infinite love I've found in Christ.A love that can't even be fathomed or measured.
We live in a society that loves everything to be instantaneous.If everything can happen in a matter of seconds we consider it glorious.Were so rushed to immediately enter a relationship we don't stop to think is this the person God intended for me. Time goes by more quickly than you think.Its in our singleness where we have the time to personally nurture and grow our relationship in Christ.Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts. (2 Timothy 2:22 NLT)As college students its at this point in our lives where we have the time and energy to serve him and be apart of a movement of reaching students for Christ.
I want to be able to reflect back and tell my children how wonderful and joyful it was to use all of my downtime to serving God.How faithful God can be in providing for us.How he supplied all the resources and support needed to extend the kingdom.Just as he did that in ministry he can do the same in our own finances as a family.
Yes I wont deny have moments where I am anxious wondering God what will he be like?An equation of relationships I have come to understand Is right person+wrong time=wrong person.Opportunities to date will always arise but by dating at this age Im settling for second best. Ephesians 5:25 is a great example of the kind of man I will patiently wait for.A husband that will love me the way Christ loved the church.
Of course your wondering what was my response to the person who asked why am I not dating?Its simple I'm waiting on the Man of God he designed just for me.Im not in a rush at all to be with someone.While I'm waiting I'm productively allowing God to make changes on the inside of my heart.So that when the day comes I'm equipped and aligned with my husband in the same mindset prepared to raise up a generation of men and women of God.keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. (Jude 1:21 NIV)
No comments:
Post a Comment