As a teenage gal I would skim through the pages of magazines obsessing over the latest clothing trends having a sense of dissatisfaction if I don't own a certain item that everyone else was wearing. Tracking down what store would lead me to that item.If only I had used that same time to read what God tells me of inner beauty less time and money would have been wasted.Not realizing that as a woman of God I'm already Clothed in strength and dignity. I wish someone would have told me that those countless hours of scrummaging wouldn't fill the obvious void in my heart of desiring to feel accepted by others.
Thinking the more trendy I look the more people will notice me and use that as a shield to hide my deepest insecurities.I'm already treasured by the one who created me shouldn't that be more than enough. She is more precious than rubies, And all your delights are not comparable to her. (Proverbs 3:15 ISR98).Not understanding that there's a lovely interior beauty that doesn't acquire lavish hairstyles or extravagant makeup.
Although a makeup foundation would cover up the imperfections on my skin that made me self conscious around others.A much greater foundation needed to be set on the inside with Christ. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 3:11 NLT).Contentment should have been found in knowing theres a man who loves me regardless of my appearance that chose me before the foundation of the earth.That the beauty of a pure heart will have us looking more radiant than any other impeccable model from a magazine.A notable reflection of his joy and peace that's beyond human comprehension will have others noticing a certain glow that wasn't visible before.
Running after the approval of others will only leave you empty and dry.Allow his majesty to wash away all the false lies,negative thoughts,and undignified words that were spoken over your life.External perfection may be appealing to the eye but its only temporal and will surely fade away.Im now striving for a different kind of perfection that can't be bought because its already been purchased by the blood of Christ.who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins. (Colossians 1:14 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment