Just last week after three years of a rigorous process of getting extractions done,enduring headaches,and having food constantly stuck in my teeth due to braces.I rejoiced and celebrated that through it all it was worth it when I saw my new smile.Then I was given the news that although my teeth were now straight in place I would have to wear my retainer for a while to make sure that they don't go back to being crooked again.
Our relationship with Christ is the same way before we come to Him our lives are uneasy,scattered,or like my teeth in need of fixing desperately.I knew that accepting the procedure of taking on braces would hurt but would reap benefits in the end.
Well when we first come to God the thought of opening up and revealing the wounds in our hearts sounds painful because it means exposing grey areas that we've kept hidden for awhile.Yet it's marvelous when we allow God to have his way in us and experience transformation.
But it doesn't end there once we've taken off the bondage of regret,pain,heartache,sin and are set free.Just like I have to daily wear my retainer to keep my teeth intact.We have to retain a daily time of communing with God in prayer,in his word,and in fellowship with other believers that will hold you to a standard so that you keep your relationship with Christ intact.
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:34-36 NIV)
It's amazing how we post on very similar topics each time … I needed to read this. Thanks for posting Mimi :))
ReplyDeleteAww you are the sweetest :) Im glad it was encouraging!
Delete