Lately Ive oddly been having an unexplainable thirst for water around 4am every morning.Its not the kind I can ignore because its so dry and It disturbs my sleep. Finally when I've tossed,turned,and even tried ignoring it with an ounce of energy I pull out from bed to grab a cup and drink water.Then I started think what if we sought The Lord with that same desperation where you refuse to feel dry and empty.
God desires to spend time with us he will do certain things to get our attention.Like my thirst he will persistently be there whether we decide to acknowledge him or not.Although I pretended as if the thirst would go away it stuck around.We may think that when we've done wrong God is no where near but he's really right beside us just waiting for us to come to him.When we commune with he brings an indescribable peace that others just wont understand that's able to refresh us.(He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. (Psalm 23:2, 3.Lets thirst for his righteousness with persistency.
Seek his presence in a relentless manner to the point where your heart can bear a moment without him.That even when you're exhausted at your wits end youll push through because there's no place that you'd rather be than with him.Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere.Psalm 84:10 NIV)
No comments:
Post a Comment