Every morning at liberty as a student were required to read a chart that is placed on the fridge
by our Ra's.On the chart you will find a list of assigned cleanliness duties such as cleaning the bathroom,kitchen,and living room floors,etc.During our chapel service on campus our Ra's will go from room to room to check if you fully completed the task that's listed.
Now imagine if we did the same in our personal lives where people are aware of our goals in life.Where we had someone holding us accountable on following through on what we know Gods assigned us to do.
God placed someone like that in my life two summers ago.I was so deeply involved in ministry working with kids,college students,and a worship team.It wasn't until spending time in constant conversation with her that I noticed anytime she asked me how I'm doing? my response was related to what I’m doing in ministry that week.
If I asked for a prayer request it would be about someone I knew in ministry.My Identity was wrapped around my title in ministry.It was as if I placed my whole life on hold and put everyone elses needs ahead of mine.As a friend she said to me its great that you love helping others but you shouldn't be carrying there burdens.I want to know hows Mimi doing?.She began to have me reflect on my own personal goals or aspirations after graduation.
How we met was through both deciding to dedicate a summer in ministry as interns in our church.We found ourselves becoming radical evangelists in the streets and local malls.Around the end of the summer we felt provoked to drop everything and do full time ministry.Of course discussing it made us realize the idea of forfeiting our college education was a bit drastic.That if we truly wanted to be equipped for ministry or any career we should take the time to finish off what we started.
Now that our time in college is coming to an end.I'm glad she was there to encourage me during my overwhelming moments of stress,fear,insecurities,and anxieties.Although were miles away we still keep in touch with each other.
As shocking as it is were constantly experiencing the same emotions pretty much around the same time.In our devotionals together were able to build each other up.If I find myself second guessing who I am in Christ shes the kind of friend who will remind me of the abilities Gods given me.I'm excited that throughout this whole journey of being a student in college I was able to vent,cry,and be completely transparent on my perspective of classes,relationships,and daily life in general.
Aww Mimi this is beautiful! I'm so proud that your starting a blog. With the love and truth the God has shown you and the Holy Spirit inside you, your words have the power to encourage and inspire the lives of many! So exciting for how God is going to minister to you and through you with this blog! :)
ReplyDelete