Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hope Arise..

This Past Friday a thought I had was you know what God this week marks a milestone of being at Liberty for a Month.Time for me to have an exciting time in the area for once.A Quad mate of mine invites me to checkout the downtown area for the first time.I thought wow it would be nice to tour the sites in the Lynchburg Area.

When the festival was over as we were walking back to the parking lot I asked myself this question I wonder what it would be like to reach out to this community? Out of nowhere the gal giving me a ride back home says to me I'm involved with an organization on campus that visits the children that live in a low income neighborhoods on Saturdays.

These children mostly have parents that are convicted felons.We visit them regularly to love on them as a community.I told her that sounds amazing hopefully I'm able to wake up in the morning cause I usually sleep in.

Don't ask me how it happened but I woke up with a text that said she was leaving in thirty minutes. I got ready,ate breakfast,and even had time to pack up nail polishes,nail polish remover,and cotton balls.These girls didn't know me at all but were immediately attached to the hip to me they were excited to meet a liberty student.

One of the girls shared how its her dream to go here for college when she gets older.As we were sitting down they all begged to do my nails and makeup. She started sharing with me how she would like to be a singer when she grows up and I told her cool I sing too.The girl next to her said oh really? Let me hear you sing.

She stared at me anxiously waiting for a note to come out.I told her okay what do you want me to sing honey? her reply anything.So I sang the song Hopes Anthem by Bethel Music which without even realizing it I was ministering hope to these girls.They all clapped and cheered with excitement that they had convinced me to sing telling me I had a beautiful angelic voice.

When I left back to my dorm I ended up crying out to God asking him to please be with these girls.Don't ever make me lose a burdened heart for the lost,hopeless or the broken.Forgive me for just thinking of ways of How I can have a good time on weekends and edify myself.

My hope is these young girls wont ever lose hope or sight of the endless possibilities that God has set for them.That success wont just be the only objective but the desire for a fulfilling life in Christ.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.Proverbs 13:12


No comments:

Post a Comment